A Year of Expansion for Entrada Group and Mexico: Mexico’s Strong 2015 is a Good Sign for Your 2016 Growth
Download the Full Infographic
Highlights for Mexico in 2015
- Auto sector expansion continued, with facilities for Toyota (new $1 billion manufacturing plant in Guanajuato) and Ford (new and expanded engine and transmission plants in Chihuahua and Guanajuato, respectively, at a total cost of $2.5 billion) announced.
- Mexico’s aerospace sector grew to more than 300 U.S. and European manufacturers. This is up from 100 companies in 2004, with total investments nearing $1.4 billion. Manufacturing investments in Mexico have tripled over the past 11 years.
- Mexico was on track to export 170,000 heavy trucks and buses in 2015, the highest ever, up from just 1,000 heavy trucks approximately 20 years ago.
- Mexico ranks eighth in the world with nearly 114,000 graduates per year in engineering, manufacturing and construction.
Highlights for Entrada in 2015
- We inaugurated a new manufacturing campus in Celaya, Guanajuato, joining our original Zacatecas campus (which now is over 1 million square feet of manufacturing space). The Celaya campus will eventually be a $50 million investment that encompasses 15 buildings, seamlessly integrating into our manufacturing support platform.
- System-wide, our clients grew their hours worked and staff headcount by 28%. Clients added 110,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, and two new Entrada Group buildings were completed, totaling 144,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space
- Some of our customers deployed more sophisticated processes. For example, one supplier added welding and sub-assembly operations to its wire harness production, and another augmented their operations with a rubber extrusion fabricator, exemplifying the trend of more sophisticated, local engineering in Mexico, with less reliance on American or European know-how.
- We led a week-long, 4-state strategic Mexico manufacturing tour for German suppliers, guiding them through the heart of the country’s fastest-growing industrial area and sharing our Mexico manufacturing expertise.