Celaya: Mexico's Hub of 21st Century Manufacturing
Entrada’s 60-acre Celaya manufacturing campus features 70,000 sq. ft. of advanced manufacturing space, strategically positioned to help you serve your clients. Manufacturers from industries spanning automotive, aerospace, medical device and consumer electronics produce in and around Celaya, and these multinationals rely on tier-two and three suppliers like you to support their growth.
Celaya is in the state of Guanajuato, which features 70% of Mexico’s international trade and 70% of its automotive production. Additionally, Guanajuato is a powerful logistics center thanks to excellent roads, railroads and an international airport. This transport network ensures direct connections to the U.S., the Pacific and the Gulf.
The Benefits of Celaya
There are several benefits to establishing your own manufacturing operation within Celaya, versus other locations in Mexico. Here are a few key strengths the region offers:
- Located in the heart of OEM and Tier One investment activity
- 26 local educational institutions,churning out newly educated graduates with engineering, manufacturing and construction degrees
- Leading logistical hub – well connected by air, land and sea, due to ongoing investment and commitment
- Excellent quality of life for expatriates: 25 minutes to Queretaro, 35 minutes to San Miguel de Allende
- Situated within 40 minutes of abundant international schools and communities
- Close proximity to manufacturing services providers, such as mold repair shops, chrome plating and heat treatment processes
- Experienced manufacturing labor force and access to highly skilled talent
- Aerospace industry in the region continues to grow, bringing desirable suppliers and new skill sets to the region
If you would like to learn more about Celaya as a potential home to your own Mexico operation, check out our factsheet highlighting the strengths and challenges found in this key location.
Your Home Away From Home
Your new manufacturing home in Celaya is within minutes of several international schools. It boasts a cosmopolitan environment with recreational and lifestyle amenities equivalent to what you likely find in your home country.