Zacatecas: Tradition and Charm
Entrada’s Zacatecas manufacturing campus is located just outside of Fresnillo, a city with a population of some 500,000. Enjoying close proximity to U.S. and Canadian markets, it’s within an eight-hour drive to Laredo, Texas, and the U.S./Mexico border.
Home to several manufacturing plants in Mexico, Zacatecas has a diverse industrial supplier base. It boasts a stable and reliable workforce in stark contrast to the highly transient workforce of many border locations. Most importantly, the region is home to 24 institution educational or training institutions. Zacatecas’s educational system produces many experienced technicians and managers available to enhance your production quality while supporting a vibrant bottom line.
The Benefits of Zacatecas
Zacatecas has several strengths that other manufacturing locations in Mexico don’t offer, including:
- Abundant, highly trainable direct labor
- High retention rate of skilled labor
- 24 local educational institutions churning out newly educated graduates with engineering, manufacturing and construction degrees
- A community large enough to support growth but too small to attract OEMs, resulting in less upward pressure on wages
- One of the few locations in Mexico without busing or cafeteria costs
- A central locale, convenient for transport to U.S. as well as domestic Mexico markets
- Affordable “Colonial” Mexico lifestyle
If you would like to learn more about Zacatecas as the ideal manufacturing location to support your future growth, check out our factsheet highlighting the strengths and challenges found in this dynamic location.
Your Home Away From Home
Your new home is one of the most beautiful cities in central Mexico. Thanks to the city’s splendid history and architecture, UNESCO has declared it a World Heritage Site. Countless historic, religious, civic and cultural buildings can be found throughout the city’s European-style urban layout along narrow streets, alleys and plazas. Just outside the historic city center are numerous shopping centers and conveniences. Zacatecas is clean, safe, comfortable and wholly enjoyable for international staff and visitors.