Podcast: Bring it Home – How the US and Mexico Share Common Ground on Manufacturing
Low-cost Mexican labor is a big threat to American manufacturing jobs, right? One advocate of the US reshoring movement doesn’t think it’s that straightforward. In some cases, Mexico is a better fit for some re/nearshored jobs.
Harry Moser, founder and president of The Reshoring Initiative, explores in this interview with Entrada’s Doug Donahue:
- The number of American companies that have reshored to the US over the past 5 years and the regions they are choosing for relocation
- The skills shortage in American manufacturing – real or imagined?
- The effects of American reshoring compared to ten years ago, when the US lost 150,000 jobs per year
- Whether Mexico is a friend or foe to American production
- Some resources for American companies contemplating reshoring
- Why regional production has had a bigger affect on American manufacturing than low-cost Mexican labor