Podcast: Flying High How Querétaro Became a Leading Global Manufacturing Location
In this episode, which was recently featured in Industry Week, Doug speaks with Hugo Mandujano, Director of Investment Promotion for the State of Querétaro. Hugo explains the economic growth occurring in the city and state, and how manufacturers are leveraging the advantages of doing business in the region. He outlines:
- The state of Querétaro’s stunning economic performance over the past decade, and the factors that led to it: From 428 companies to over 1,300; FDI growth of 208%; GDP that doubled to $24.8 billion; and an increase in GDP per capita of 74%.
- The two other important cities in the state of Querétaro that offer strategic advantages for sub-tier suppliers;
- How the state’s central location and access to 45 million people within a 350-kilometer radius equates to a strong workforce;
- The cultural and quality-of-life factors that make Querétaro so appealing for expats; and
- A new announcement about the first fully American university campus in Mexico, which will be based in Querétaro.
The podcast is divided into Part 1 (manufacturing strengths, commercial opportunities and location) and Part 2 (life and education in Querétaro)